A Mission Statement is a carefully laid out written statement that describes your aim as a company, re-enforces your ethos and what you want to achieve in the world, and is your chance to define your company’s vision, culture, drive and key decision-making influencers.
In a nutshell, it captures the essence of your brand and business plan geared towards your customers, employees, suppliers and the community.
You might be asking yourself – “Why do I need this? I know what I want to do so isn’t that enough?” and the answer is no, it isn’t. Mission Statements are not for you, they’re for your environment. They are geared towards your new & existing employees so they are always on track with your vision, your customers so they know who you are and what you’re about, and shows your mode of operation to your community.
Sounds like a big deal right? It is, and in order to write a great Mission Statement, here are some questions you need to ask yourself;
– What do I do?
– Who do I do it for?
– Why do I serve my clients the way I do?
– How do I serve my clients the way I do?
– Why am I in this industry?
– Why did I start this business?
– What business image do I want to convey to the world?
These are the key questions you need to ask to make your Mission Statement not only work, but achieve all it has been set out to.
To help you understand this even more, here are some Mission Statement samples from some famous International brands;
- Nike: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
- Chevron: To be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership, and performance.
- Amazon: To be the most customer-centric company in the world, where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online.
- Ebay: Provide a global trading platform where practically anyone can trade practically anything.
We think you’re ready to give this a go. So check out these tips to help you write a killer Mission Statement;
1. Brainstorming is always a great way to start. If you have employees already, ask them to pitch in. Pick the best parts and refine until you’ve struck gold.
2. When writing your Mission Statement, be sure to use vibrant and exciting words like ‘sizzling’, ‘extraordinary’, ‘passionate’ etc. These cocktail of words entice people and will portray you as a brand people want to get to know and be associated with.
3. Make sure your Mission Statement is an exact mirror of your vision. When this happens, the types of clients you want to be a part of your brand are drawn to you and this creates the perfect atmosphere for growth & success.
4. Keep it short, simple and memorable. This makes it easy for your employees and even suppliers & customers to remember what you are about.
5. Spread the word. Every chance you get, tell people about your Mission Statement. Post it on your walls, frame pictures of it, get it on your brochures, newsletters and letterheads. This helps promote your business, your ethos and spreads your ideas and values.
Nothing comes easy. There is no such thing as overnight success – it all takes hard work and determination. Start with a Mission Statement and be on your way to achieving all your dreams and much more.
Have a great day & see you on the VIP side of life.
If you want to start a Loyalty Program and get more customers for your business, kindly visit www.parolz.com/business or call 0816261699.
Photo Credit: Lia Leslie/Pexels.com